About two weeks ago, a real estate agent in Long Island, New York by the name of Diane Chung, had claimed to be the first victim of a purported Galaxy Note9 battery issue.
According to the report, the woman claimed that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 had gotten extremely hot while she was using it. Chung had placed the phone in her purse when "she heard a whistling and screeching sound, and she noticed thick smoke".
According to the lawsuit filed by Chung, she was in the elevator when her phone became extremely hot. The device supposedly didn't stop burning until a helpful passerby dunked it inside a bucket of water. Back in 2016, the Korean giant discontinued its previous-generation flagship phablet after a battery flaw caused dozens of the phones to explode or burst into flames. She then tried to pick up her Samsung Galaxy Note 9, supposedly burning her fingers in the process as smoke continued to fill the inside of the elevator, making it hard for her to see.More news: Permanent tax cuts sought by House GOP as elections loom
Even if the affected Samsung customer has already filed a complaint: Of course, nothing has been proven, especially not a general problem with the Galaxy Note 9 and its rechargeable battery. For its part, Samsung told the Post that it has "not received any reports of similar incidents involving a Galaxy Note 9 device and [is] investigating the matter". It should be remembered that the Galaxy Note 7 only started atching fire a month or so after it launched in the market and despite glowing initial reviews.
Everyone remembers the ill-fated Samsung Galaxy Note7 saga all too well. "Users do not have to worry about the batteries anymore", he said. It follows the 3,300mAh battery on the Note 8, which has had few reports of thermal overrun malfunctions, and the 3,500mAh unit on the Note 7, of which more than 2.5 million devices have been recalled.
In an email to PCMag, Samsung said it's looking into the incident.