New Zealand Cricket made the announcement through their official Twitter handle. Both teams are deeply affected.
"We are shocked and appalled as I'm sure all New Zealanders are". Players and team staff had earlier taken to social media to recount their narrow escape.
Bangladesh's cricketers are "in shock" after witnessing the fatal mass shooting in a New Zealand mosque on Friday, says opener Tamim Iqbal. "Frightening experience and please keep us in your prayers", opening batsman Tamim Iqbal said on Twitter. In fact, the players were very close to the place of action when the shootings went on.
"I've been here three times, this is a really fantastic country, New Zealand people are very lovely, it's one of the best countries in the world I've seen in my career".
As condolences poured in for the victims and their families, All Blacks centre Sonny Bill Williams, a devout Muslim, said his "heart is hurting" and posted an emotional video tribute. "I think everything changes now", White was quoted as saying by stuff.co.nz. "They're just terrorists, and actions have to be taken against them considering them as terrorists".
Once back in the hotel, the players were so horrified that they were not ready to go to their rooms, said the 48-year-old former India left-arm spinner.
Bangladesh was whitewashed by New Zealand in the three-match series of one-day internationals and also lost the first two tests.More news: Wijnaldum: Fulham will be tougher opponents than Bayern
When he was asked whether or not there were any suspicions that the attacker was aware of the presence of the team there and even deliberately targeted them, Isam said that he did not think so.
"Then at that point we realised that if they came out of the mosque and [started shooting], we'd be in trouble".
The players eventually returned to their hotel shaken, distressed, and in no mental state to consider playing cricket, Isam said.
An eyewitness tells Radio New Zealand he heard shots fired and four people were lying on the ground, with "blood everywhere".
The players and support staff could hear gunshots as they feared for their lives inside the bus.
The ICC CEO further praised Pakistan for safely hosting PSL matches, a decade after an attack on Sri Lanka team bus in Lahore led the foreign teams to refuse travel to the country for cricket matches due to security concerns.
ICC chief executive David Richardson said security was always an issue for his organisation and ensuring the May 30-July 14 World Cup in England and Wales was safe would be a priority.